Faces of Education is a South Florida-based education conversation space where we share stories, information and opinions about how education happens all around us. Parents know it takes a village.
Every two weeks we bring you bite-sized pieces of what’s going on.
Here is the Long&Short of it:
We dedicated a lot of digital real estate to discussing the internet and social media impacts on education. Meet two principals currently nominated for 2017 Principal of the Year who have mastered using 21st century tools to change their schools.
Ty Thompson, principal of Stoneman Douglas High, had a FB Live chat with us. His use of Twitter had created a plugged-in, intimate community of his large student body.
With the internet being blamed for so much lately, are we missing the boat on how it could be used to level the playing field? Chime in. Tell us what you think.
In other Ednews:
- Afterschool programs are on the federal chopping block. Will it affect you?
- Betsy DeVos compares education reform to Uber.
- Judge Neil Gorsuch apologizes after the supreme court unanimously overturned his 2008 decision on educating students with special needs.
Currently obsessed about:
- Surprising response from charter school CEO’s to the proposed Department of Education budget.
- Nashville blogger recalls Tribe Called Quest, with no seat at the decision-making table.
- Dominican principal shows kids that leaders can look like them.
- Face of Ed crew finally met the Fearless Girl and traded secrets.